Monday, November 20, 2017

Daring to Hope - Katie Davis Majors - Book Review

This book blessed my soul so much. It is the story of a young missionary to Uganda and her adopted children. Katie does a wonderful job of weaving together her story along with the things that the Lord taught her through that. This book really encapsulated her heart and her relationship with God. She candidly shared the things that she thought and felt while ministering to the hurting and the hungry. I was very blessed by the parts of this book where she talked about her quiet times with God and the things that God spoke to her through the Word.

One thing that struck me about this book is how God formed and shaped her through tragedy - and how she gained a heavenly perspective. God wants to give all of us His perspective in life, but only if we allow Him to. Katie allowed God to use the difficult things in her life to grow her - and she honestly shares about that in this book.

I also appreciated how she talked about her grappling with God. She asked God all the hard questions about why bad things happen, the purpose of miracles, etc. and I so appreciated how she didn't try to avoid or side step the big issues, but she addressed them head on.

Few books have blessed me more than this book. I felt nourished and encouraged every time I picked it up and I would definitely recommend it!

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. The opinion and content are entirely my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment