Monday, August 14, 2017

He Calls You Beautiful - Dee Brestin - Book Review

We quickly forget the intensity of God's love for us. He Calls You Beautiful was an incredible reminder to me that I am loved and desired. God jealously desires me - and that is incredible.

When I first started this book, I desperately hoped that this would not be a cheesy or cliche book. Some things written about Song of Songs are just cringey and shallow to read. But as I read this book, I continued to be encouraged and refreshed. It was such an encouraging book to read!

Brestin masterfully weaves together her own personal encounters with God along with the testimonies of others. They add a lot of depth and beauty to this book - showing us that God is an intensely personal and relational God. She shared several stories from her experience with prion ministry - and those were especially touching. AND our relationship with God. I thought that was a very neat perspective. It basically applies to all of our relationships.
She also talked about how the Song is relevant to our human relationships

This book really encouraged me with where I was at when I read it. It really made me want to throw everything aside and just go spend time with God - and more books should be like that!

It also helped break the mindset that the Song is about romance, or designed for married people. The Song can be encouraging for anyone - no matter where they are. Because we are all caught up in the Divine Romance. And that's a wonderful place to be.

Here are some links for those interested:

More information: https://www.google.com/url?hl=en&q=http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/books/544946/he-calls-you-beautiful-by-dee-brestin/&source=gmail&ust=1502833107483000&usg=AFQjCNEtVulWTZDbJFSxF-sW0EuRXnQu-Q

Author Bio: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/authors/35839/dee-brestin/

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. The opinion and content are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment